We are now in a position to start the play area development and I have attached below an outline of what the new one will look like (not the final version as still a few slight amendments to make).
The current play area opened in the late 80s and it has been fantastic for the centre but unfortunately the time has come to refurbish it which has meant that it is now closed until late May, early June.
We realise that the play area can be a big part of your visit and we have made every effort to put on additional activities and events to compensate for this, including:
- The play area by the canoe safari is open and available to use
- Wetland croquet is available by the cafe along with den building
- The electric boat tours will start in late March allowing you to take a 40 minutes guided tour of our wetlands
- Our roundhouse village will be open every school holiday with a variety of different activities
- We are bringing in a giant inflatable assault course over February Half Term
- There will be circus skills activities on 10, 11, 17 & 18 March
- Easter is being themed as Animal Magic to see a huge range of different animals on different days including birds of prey, reptiles, meerkats, skunks, ferrets and much more
For further information relating to the play area development and the activities happening at the centre in place of the play area, please call 01704 895181.
We hope that you will bear with us whilst this development takes place and that we can all look forward to a fantastic new addition to Martin Mere in June.