WWT London Wetland Centre Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 December
Get into the festive mood at WWT London Wetland Centre’s wonderful winter weekend! Children will be thrilled to hop aboard for a husky sleigh ride, visit Santa in his magical grotto or, for the first time this year, enjoy a donkey ride.
Head over to our northern pine forest; Father Christmas will be ready to welcome families in his cosy grotto among the trees.
Children can take a sleigh ride with the huskies: they’re lovely to look at but also working animals, so kids can experience the excitement of riding on a sleigh pulled by these adorable dogs. Or perhaps you’d like a family photo taken with one of the huggable huskies as a special seasonal souvenir?
Or you can take a donkey ride in our meadow, with the donkeys decked out in their Christmas finery – it makes a great photo!
And join the Elves to help spread the Christmas spirit! They’ll be getting ready for the big day making decorations and small toys. Drop into their workshop throughout the day to help them prepare and to make your own Christmas gifts.
Plus, on Sunday only Fullers Shire Horse dray rides from 12.00-3pm. See these magnificent animals in action and hop aboard for a ride.
Here at Britain’s favourite nature reserve you can enjoy the Christmas celebrations among beautiful surroundings. Take a stroll among the lakes, meadows and ponds of this wonderful winter oasis and then relax over Christmas lunch in our Water’s Edge Cafe.
By enjoying a festive weekend with us you’re also contributing towards our vital conservation work in the UK and around the world.
- Normal admission prices to WWT London Wetland Centre apply
- Visit to Santa is £6 per child (cash only) including goody bag
- Santa tickets cannot be pre-booked; just turn up but please bear in mind the queue can be lengthy
- Husky sleigh rides are free (children 8 or younger, with weight restrictions)
- Donkey rides are free (children 8 or younger, with weight restrictions)
- The Elves Workshop is free but there is a small charge for making some of the items.
For full details and updates please check www.wwt.org.uk/london