Annual plastic duck race
Mon 1 May
Paint a plastic duck during the Easter holidays (1 - 17 April) or over the Bank Holiday weekend and bring it back to race in our annual plastic duck race on Monday 1 May. The duck race is free to enter with your painted duck and it will take place at 3pm. Win prizes from the shop for the first ducks to pass the winning line.
Additional Bank Holiday activities
- Otter talk: Meet our 3 cheeky Asian otters as you watch them forage, swim, rest, sleep and bath in the sunshine. 11.30am and 2.30pm.
- Learn all about flamingos in our daily talk at 3pm
- Family crafts between 1pm and 4pm - paint your duck ready to race at 3pm for £3.00 (you will need to have completed this activity by 2pm to ensure there is enough time to dry and enter your duck)
- Pond dipping: Pick up a net and see what creatures are lurking beneath the water. Everyday between 11am and 12.30pm plus 1.30pm to 3pm
- Canoe safari & boat tours: Pick up a paddle and canoe your way around or drift along on a boat tour (£7 per canoe, seats 3. £3 per boat seat). Click here for further information on the canoe safari and boat tours
- Feeding the birds: Get nose to beak as friendly ducks and geese scramble to feed from your hand. Pick up a bag of grain for £1.
- Wild walk: Have a muddy adventure with wobbly bridges, mucky meadows, a reedy ramble & hidden treasures. Click here for further information about Wild Walk
- Swing, climb, fly, play and travel across our adventure playground ‘Rushes’ – suitable for all ages and abilities.