Dusty's Wildlife Rangers
Fri 21 July - Sun 3 September
Collect your FREE log book on arrival and if you can get at least 6 stickers from the following 8 activities you can get your Wildlife Ranger badge at our daily award ceremony at 3.30pm.
- Top Trumps: Inside your log book you will find your very own Top Trumps card. Play against us and your family as you find the 12 GIANT Top Trumps cards hidden around our grounds. Win at least 4 cards from us to get your sticker.
- Take a wildlife photo: Whilst you are out exploring Martin Mere, take as many photos as you can and show our team of volunteers your best one to get your wildife photography sticker. Enter your picture into our summer junior photography competition to win great prizes.
Canoe safari & boat tours: Drift along in a boat, or head off exploring in your own canoe, on our watery safari. Look out for dragonflies, kingfishers and watervoles (£7 per canoe, seats 3. £3 per boat seat).
Click here for further information on the canoe safari and boat tours
- Meet our wild summer visitors: Talk to our guide in the Discovery hide. Learn how to spot a rare duck or use binoculars. How many of our top 10 summer species can you spot? Collect your sticker from the Guide in the Hide, everyday between 12pm and 3pm.
- Feeding the birds: Make feathered friends and have ducks, geese and swans eating out of your hand. Watch out, some of them are greedy! Pick up a bag of grain for £1.
- Tribal Tracks: Join the tribe, create your own mini-headress and follow the clues to find out which animal your are tracking. Everyday from 11am to 12.30pm in Wooded Wetlands tepee encampment.
Record breaking bug action: Enjoy your very own wetland adventure. Balance through Muddy Meadow, hide in the reeds and clamber over the wobbly bridge. Can you spot the 4 bugs who live in our record breaking bug hotel in Wild Walk? Name them to get your sticker.
Click here for further information about Wild Walk
- Pond exploring: What lies beneath the murky waters of a pond? Grab a net and find out. Who knows what you might discover. Everyday from 1.30pm to 3.30pm.
Daily award ceremony
Collected 6 or more stickers? Everyday at 3.30pm there will be an award ceremony to collect your super wildlife ranger badge. Collect all 8 and you will be entered into a draw to win a day's work experience with a ranger. Please ask on arrival for further information.
Additional family activities
Every Tuesday and Wednesday (12 noon - 3pm) step back in time and visit our Roundhouse Village: Mere Tun: Design and create your own shield for £1.
Everyday, our family craft room will be open from 1pm to 4pm. Create your very own Top Trumps card. Some crafts require a small charge.
Join in a fabulous flamingo talk at 3pm. Why are they pink? Why do they stand on one leg? Uncover amazing facts in this colourful talk
Come and meet our family of otters, Flick, Penny and Belle. Watch them being fed, learn about how we care for them and discover the threats they face in the wild. Everyday at 11.30am and 2.30pm.
Discover our newest species - the white stork in our daily talk and feed at 2pm.
Get creative a build a den out of conifer
Swing, climb, fly, play and travel across our adventure playground ‘Rushes’ – suitable for all ages and abilities.