Pumpkin Fest: October Half Term
Sat 21 October - Tue 31 October
Create your own spooky face in your very own pumpkin that you can take home. 11am - 3.30pm in the Dome. Additional charge applies and last entry is 3.30pm.
There are 15 carved pumpkins named and hidden amoungst the grounds - find them all for a chance to win prizes. The trail costs 50p to take part: find all the pumpkins and you will get a special chocolate prize. Last certificate and prize given out at 4pm.
NEW: Broomstick Flight Training
Learn to fly a broomstick before taking to the skies and flying the perilous journey from Iceland to Martin Mere, following the swans and dodging obstacles as you go along. Can you land at Martin Mere safely to get your souvenir picture and a broomstick pilot licence? This activity is included in the admission price but a free ticket must be collected from the information desk to take part. Times: 10.30am, 11.15am, 12 noon, 1.30pm, 2.15pm
Watch hundreds of Whooper swans feed on the mere at 3pm from Discovery hide and 3.30pm from Raines Observatory (both feeds include a wardens talk).
Additional family activities
- Otter talk: Meet our 3 cheeky Asian otters as you watch them forage, swim, rest, sleep and bath in the sunshine. 11.30am and 2.30pm.
- White stork talk and feed: 2pm
- Canoe safari & boat tours: Pick up a paddle and canoe your way around or drift along on a boat tour (£7 per canoe, seats 3. £3 per boat seat). Don't worry if there is a slight wait: there is also den building and a childrens play area by the canoes. Click here for further information on the canoe safari and boat tours
- Feeding the birds: Get nose to beak as friendly ducks and geese scramble to feed from your hand. Pick up a bag of grain for £1.
- Wild walk: Have a muddy adventure with wobbly bridges, mucky meadows, a reedy ramble & hidden treasures. Click here for further information about Wild Walk
- Make a craft in our family room. Some crafts require a small charge. 1pm - 4pm (from Monday 30 October it will be 12 - 3pm)
- Swing, climb, fly, play and travel across our adventure playground ‘Rushes’ – suitable for all ages and abilities.