Discover winter textures, sounds and smells with your senses. Find plants and animals conserving energy as part of their life-cycle and spot migratory birds re-fuelling after their incredible journeys to seek food and warmth for the winter.
Book a visit today and enjoy our winter package for schools, all included in your admission price:*
- A full day's entry to one of our wetland nature reserve
- A winter-themed guided learning session outdoors
- Free familiarisation visits for group leaders to help you plan your day
- Access to our pre-visit learning resources, to help learners get the most out of their day
- Safety information to help you complete your risk assessment
- Bag storage, lunch areas, coach parking and access to our adventure play-areas and gift shops
Free entry for schools eligible for our Free School Visits Scheme. Click here to find out more XXXXXXXX
Explore the world around us this winter
Book an outdoor learning session
This winter we recommend How and why do birds migrate? and What lives in a wetland? A chance for learners to uncover the incredible journeys of migratory birds, why they travel such distances and discover the plants and animals that live in wetlands during winter.
Read our swan diary
Thousands of swans will soon begin their spring migration, including Bewick's Swans who'll fly all the way back to arctic Russia from WWT Slimbridge in Gloucestershire.
Follow what they're up to with our swan diary.
Watch our live wetland webcam
From your classroom, use our webcam to spot some amazing wetland wildlife.