Wetland Discovery Boat Safari
Time: First boat launches 11.30 am, last boat departs 3.30 pm
Cost: Suggested Donation £1
Kingfisher? Water vole? Grey heron? What will you spot on this specially guided wetlands trail? The best way to experience wetlands is by boat. Glide effortlessly through the reeds to see nature at its most tranquil.
Every day of every season our quiet boats take you through four types of wetland habitats where our guides help you spot an every changing array of wildlife.
Non-motorized wheelchairs are admitted on the boat safari. A boat safari lasts 15-30 minutes.
The first boat leaves at 11.30 am and the last boat departs at 3.30 pm.
Currently there is no charge for the boat trip but we suggest a donation of £1.
Wheelchair access information: Non-motorized wheelchairs are admitted on the boat safari. The loan of non-motorized wheelchairs is available from the admissions desk in the visitor centre. Visitors in a wheelchair wishing to board must be accompanied by family, friend or carer who can hold and direct the wheelchair down the boat ramp.
General boat safari rules
- Boats hold 8 – 10 passengers.
- For health and safety we ask for A RATIO OF 1 ADULT TO 3 CHILDREN. Any single adult with more than 3 children will not be allowed on the boat.
- Lifejackets/buoyancy aids are available for all visitors on request. Life jackets MUST be worn by all children under 7 years of age.
- Babes in arms, too small to wear a life jacket, must be held by an adult. The child remains the responsibility of the adult for the duration of the trip.
- Please remain seated throughout and keep arms and legs inside the boat.
- If your driver is not satisfied that passengers are adhering to instructions they will return to the jetty for your comfort and safety.
- The boat drivers decision is final.
- There is no access to the jetty without a member of staff; and wait for a member of staff to assist you on and off the boat.