Dates: Dec 2, 3, 9, 10
Boat Times: 10.30 am through 3 pm
Child: £13 plus regular centre admission
Adult: £3 plus regular centre admission
Regular centre admission is FREE for WWT members
Once again families can board an elf-powered boat
for a gentle ride through the reedbeds to visit Father Christmas. Check-in at the Out Look In building then experience the magic of a festive visit with Father Christmas inside his
‘frosty’ grotto and receive a WWT present bag.
Each ticket includes:
- the chance to post a letter to Father Christmas
- a boat trip to Santa’s Grotto
- a visit to Father Christmas
- a quality WWT gift
Sail to Santa runs weekends from Saturday 2 December to Sunday 10 December. This event is typically sells out, so please book early to avoid disappointment!
As well as Sailing to Santa, you can collect a copy of the Drawn to Water winter trail to experience wetlands through the drawings of the UK’s favourite illustrator, Quentin Blake. Children can enjoy popping in to visit Pelican Cove and the Coastal Creek aviary, exploring the reedbed and Willow Sphere and romping on our Pond Skater play area!
Be sure to head to our Water’s Edge Café for a warming treat before you head home – we have a wide range of hot drinks and tasty treats to warm you up on a winter’s day.
Come and join us this Christmas for an unforgettable festive day out!
Please remember you also require an admission ticket to attend the Sail to Santa event, unless you are a WWT member. Purchase your admission ticket on the day or click the link below. For members, there is no need to book admission tickets. Please bring your membership card with you.
Terms & Conditions
When booking please note there is a Minimum of 1 adult ticket per 3 child tickets. Maximum of 3 adult tickets per 1 child ticket. Please ensure you have booked the correct number of tickets. Family groups with too many adult tickets or too few will have their ticket ratio corrected at the event.
- When booking a place on an event, your ticket entitles you to entry to that event only. You will also need to purchase a regular admission ticket to WWT Arundel Wetland Centre as well, unless otherwise stated. Purchase admission tickets in advance on our website or on the day at the admissions desk.
- Minimum of 1 adult ticket per 3 child tickets, maximum of 3 adult ticket per 1 child ticket. Please ensure you have a correct number of each tickets. Family groups with too many adult tickets or too few will have their ticket ratio corrected at the event.
- All tickets are non-refundable and can only be redeemed on the date specified in your booking.
- If, for any reason, you are unable to attend an event on the date you have booked, at least 14 days’ notice must be given in order for us to transfer you to an equivalent date and time.
- Late cancellations (less than 14 days in advance of the event) would require the vacant space to be filled by another paying customer before we are able to transfer you to a different date. In the event that a replacement attendee cannot be found, monies would be lost.
- Please arrive around 30 minutes before the start of your event (unless otherwise stated on the event page). In some instances late arrival may result in the loss of a place.
- WWT Arundel reserves the right to cancel an event due to unforeseen circumstances, including low numbers or inclement weather etc. In these instances we would contact you at the earliest opportunity and you would be offered the choice of a space on an equivalent event (where available) or a full refund.
- We recommend supplying us with more than one contact detail, specifically a mobile number, so that we are able to contact you if necessary.
- For outdoor activities please be sure to wear appropriate clothing and footwear. Sturdy boots, coats for inclement weather are recommended.