Dusty's North West Puddle Jumping Championships
Sat 10 February - Sun 18 February
Join Dusty by grabbing your wellies, getting outside and having a splashing time at Dusty’s North West Puddle Jumping Championships this half term.
Bring your friends and family and see who can make the biggest splash with our special ‘splashometer’.
Perfect your splash in our practice puddle jumping areas with the competition starting at 2pm. It is 50p to enter the competition. Daily winners will be announced throughout the half term and some lucky ‘super-splashers’ will receive a fantastic prize from Dusty Duck himself!
The competition is open to all competitors no matter what age or ability, so come on down and make a splash.
As well as splashing about in puddles there’s lots of other fun activities to have a go at...
- Everyday at 3pm and 3.30pm watch the spectacle of thousands of Whooper swans, shelduck, pintail, teal and wigeon feed on the mere. The feeds include a wardens talk. The 3pm feed is from the new Discovery hide and 3.30pm feed is from the Raines Observatory. Both feeds include a wardens talk.
- Otter talk: Meet our 3 cheeky Asian otters as you watch them forage, swim, rest, sleep and bath in the sunshine. 11.30am and 2.30pm.
- White stork talk and feed: Meet the newest arrivals at 2pm for their daily talk and feed
- Get creative and make a craft in our craft room between 12 noon - 3pm (small require a small additional charge)
- Feeding the birds: Get nose to beak as friendly ducks and geese scramble to feed from your hand. Pick up a bag of grain for £1.
- Wild walk: Have a muddy adventure with wobbly bridges, mucky meadows, a reedy ramble & hidden treasures. Click here for further information about Wild Walk
- Swing, climb, fly, play and travel across our adventure playground ‘Rushes’ – suitable for all ages and abilities.