Annual plastic duck race
Mon 7 May
Paint a plastic duck during the Easter holidays (24 Mar - 8 Apr) or over the weekends in April - bring it back to race in our annual plastic duck races on Monday 7 May. The duck race is free to enter with your painted duck and they will take place at 12 noon and 3pm. Win prizes from the shop for the first ducks to pass the winning line.
Additional Bank Holiday activities
- Otter talk: Meet our 3 cheeky Asian otters as you watch them forage, swim, rest, sleep and bath in the sunshine. 11.30am and 2.30pm.
- Meet our new White Storks in the daily feed and talk at 2pm
- Family crafts between 11am and 4pm - colour your duck ready to race for £2.50.
- Pond dipping: Pick up a net and see what creatures are lurking beneath the water. Everyday between 11am and 12.30pm plus 1.30pm to 3pm
- Canoe safari & boat tours: Pick up a paddle and canoe your way around or drift along on a boat tour (£8 per canoe, seats 3. £3 per boat seat). Click here for further information on the canoe safari and boat tours
- Feeding the birds: Get nose to beak as friendly ducks and geese scramble to feed from your hand. Pick up a bag of grain for £1.
- Wild walk: Have a muddy adventure with wobbly bridges, mucky meadows, a reedy ramble & hidden treasures. Click here for further information about Wild Walk
- Swing, climb, fly, play and travel across our adventure playground ‘Rushes’ – suitable for all ages and abilities.