Sat 22 September - Sun 23 September
(Saturdays and Sundays only)
Please be aware that you you not need to purchase a separate event ticket - this event is included as part of the normal admission price.
Come and meet the animals
- Exotic Zoo is bringing an armadillo, meerkats, a petting zoo, chameleons, scorpions and more
- Take a donkey ride (£3pp) with Holly Fold Farm
- Meet greyhounds with the Belle Vue Retired Greyhounds Trust
- Meet owls, eagles and vultures with Corio Raptor Care
- Get up close to reptiles with Critters 2 You
- Meet the Lancashire Badger Group and the Ormskirk Bee Keepers Association
- You will never know what animals you will meet with Woodlands Animal Rescue
- Make your own animal ears in our craft room from 11am - 4pm (some crafts require a small charge)
- Pond dipping: Pick up a net and see what creatures are lurking beneath the water. Everyday from 11am - 12.30pm and 1.30pm - 4pm
- Otter talk: Meet our 3 cheeky Asian otters as you watch them forage, swim, rest, sleep and bath in the sunshine. 11.30am and 2.30pm.
- Hear all about our latest editions, the White Storks in our daily talks and feed at 2pm.
- Canoe safari & boat tours: Pick up a paddle and canoe your way around or drift along on a boat tour (£8 per canoe, seats 3. £3 per boat seat). Don't worry if there is a slight wait: there is also den building and a childrens play area by the canoes. Click here for further information on the canoe safari and boat tours
- Feeding the birds: Get nose to beak as friendly ducks and geese scramble to feed from your hand. Pick up a bag of grain for £1.
- Wild walk: Have a muddy adventure with wobbly bridges, mucky meadows, a reedy ramble & hidden treasures. Click here for further information about Wild Walk
- Swing, climb, fly, play and travel across our adventure playground ‘Rushes’ – suitable for all ages and abilities.