Sail to Santa
Sat 1 December - Sun 23 December
(Saturdays and Sundays only)
Sail to Santa's Island - weekends in December, 10am-4pm
This year get a magical Christmas experience as you sail across to visit Santa and his elves on their own Island.
Tickets cost £8.50 per child and each ticket includes:
- Boat trip to see Santa (1 adult per child)
- Visit to Santa
- A gift
- Make your own Christmas craft in our craft room
- Post your letter to Santa and receive a response after your visit
The boat is accessible for wheelchairs and there is a bridge access to the Island for any additional adults wanting to meet Santa with their child.
Book your boat trip online this year and book early to avoid disappointment! Sail to Santa runs every Saturday and Sunday in December until 23 December.
Additional family activities
- Otter talk: Meet our 2 cheeky Asian otters as you watch them forage, swim, rest, sleep and bath in the sunshine. 11.30am and 2.30pm.
- Bird feeding: Grab a bag of seed for £1 from the Information Desk and you can get up close and hand feed a number of our resident birds as you explore our grounds!
- Rushes Play Area: zip slide, scramble net, a tree house, plus a sand play space - ages 3-12 love playing in our play area!
- Everyday at 3pm and 3.30pm watch the spectacle of thousands of Whooper swans feed on the mere. The 3pm feed includes a wardens talk. The 3pm feed is from the Discovery hide and 3.30pm feed is from the Raines Observatory.
Terms and Conditions
- You need to arrive and book in at least 10 minutes before your boat time as we can’t hold the boat and we can’t guarantee space later on the day
- Admission tickets must also be purchased for this event
- If you are NOT a member and you have chosen not to buy an entrance ticket as part of this booking, please be aware that you will either have to purchase an admission ticket on arrival or sign up for membership
- No refund will be given if you miss your allocated boat trip
- Please collect your Santa card on arrival at the booking desk to receive your free craft, boat tour and present
- Please bring your santa letter back with you to post on the Island ensuring that you have clearly written an email address on the letter to get a personal response from Santa after your visit
- In icy conditions, we reserve the right to stop the boat tours and provide alternative access to the Island
- Centre opening times: 9.30am to 4.30pm
- If you have any queries regarding your booking please call 01704 895181