This event has been cancelled. In order to keep us all safe, we’ve taken the difficult decision to cancel all our events running before 1st August 2020. Please see our FAQs for more information. The below information is for reference only.
Price: £16 per person. This ticket does not include admission to Martin Mere. This is a separate evening event once the centre has closed.
Join us for a unique chance to visit our reserve with a warden at dusk. First, you'll help the Reserve Warden to set a moth trap, checking it before you leave for the night to see what's been caught.
You'll then walk around some of the reserve, firstly looking for barn owls at dusk before searching for bats when it becomes dark. Our Reserve Warden will talk to you about tracking, recording and identifying bats, and you'll get to use a bat detector to hear the sounds of different bat species.
The event starts at 9pm prompt, with the three mile walk, finishing at approximately 11pm. Please note the event involves walking over rough terrain.
Terms & Conditions
- Meet in the Car Park
- You need to arrive at least 5 minutes before the event begins to ensure the event can begin promptly at 9pm
- Ages 12 and over only
- 10% online discount does not apply to event prices
- No refund will be given if you do not attend on the evening. If you cannot attend, you must notify us at least 48 hours before the event to be issued a refund.
- Please be aware that in the event of poor weather you are not guaranteed to see the barn owls.
- If the event is cancelled due to bad weather conditions we will endeavour to move you to an alternative date or issue a refund.
- This ticket does not include admission to Martin Mere. This is a separate evening event once the centre has closed.
- If you have any queries regarding your booking please call 01704 895181.