Have a hopping, jumping, buzzing summer adventure at Martin Mere Wetland Centre with our Giant Bionic Bugs!
There are loads of bug-themed activities for the whole family to enjoy as you discover GIANT bugs brought to life with state of the art animatronics. Head to our Bug HQ to pick up a bug book and set off into the wild on an intrepid canoe safari, go on a big bug hunt and discover our NEW pond zone.
Your Big Bug Book is packed full of everything you need to enjoy a fantastic day out in nature. And don’t forget to collect your sensational stamps as you go round.
During your visit, you can:
- Meet our six GIANT Bionic Bugs: dragonfly, ant, butterfly, ladybird, grasshopper and bee
- Take part in a bug hunt in our Plum Wood - how many bugs can you spot?
- Try pond dipping in our brand new Pond Zone
- Get creative with some bug-tastic crafts in our craft room
- Learn all about the amazing poisonous Spur Winged Goose and their bug diet of blister beetles
- Go on an adventurous Canoe Safari bug trail
- Find out about our recording-breaking World's Largest Bug Hotel
- See bugs up close in microscopic detail using specialist equipment in our new pond house