For an extra special experience this Christmas, come along to one of our Sail to Santa with Elf Academy days.
Time: Various, must be booked in advance
Price: £10 per child (ticket does not include admission to Martin Mere)
Each ticket includes:
- Boat trip to see Santa on his island with his elves
- Visit to Santa
- A gift
- Decorate a festive biscuit
- Make your own reindeer food mix
- Make a your own present label
- Elf Diploma for completing all of the activities on your visit
- Bring a letter with you, post your letter to Santa and receive a response after your visit
Sail to Santa runs weekends from Saturday 30th November to Monday 23 December. This event is extremely popular and typically sells out, so make sure you book early to avoid disappointment!
As well as Sail to Santa with Elf Academy, there's loads of activities for the whole family. There's a daily schedule of talks and feeds where you can find out more about some of the amazing animals we have here. Pick up a bag of bird seed for £1 when you arrive and feed our wildlife as you walk around – some birds will even eat the seed from your hand!
Every day at 3pm in the Discovery Hide and 3.30pm in the Raines Observatory, watch the spectacle of thousands of Whooper Swans feed on the mere. The 3pm feed includes a wardens talk.
You can also warm up on winter days by getting creative in our craft room which will be open from 1-4pm during weekends. Be sure to head to our Mere Side Café for a warming treat before you head home – we have a wide range of hot drinks and tasty treats.
Come and join us this Christmas for an unforgettable festive day out.
Terms & Conditions
- Please note your Sail to Santa ticket does not include admission to the centre. If you are not a member of WWT, you will also need to purchase admission tickets. You can book admission tickets online before your visit or when you arrive on the day.
- Please collect your Sail to Santa Activity Card from Santa's desk in the main building when you arrive.
- You need to arrive at least 10 minutes before your boat time, as we can’t hold the boat and we can’t guarantee space later on in the day.
- No refund will be given if you miss your allocated boat trip.
- The boat is accessible for wheelchairs.
- One adult per child will get a seat on the boat. Additional adult will need to walk to the island on foot.
- In December, our centre closes at 4.30pm. If you are booked on a boat tour from 3pm onwards, you’re advised to arrive early to make sure you complete all of the activities included in your Sail to Santa with Elf Academy ticket before your boat tour. Activities finish at 4pm.
- Please bring a Santa letter with you to post on the Island, ensuring that you have clearly written an email address on the letter to get a personal response from Santa after your visit.
- If you have any queries regarding your booking please call 01704 895181
- Centre opening times: 9.30am to 4.30pm
- In extreme weather conditions, we reserve the right to stop the boat tours and provide alternative access to the Island, or relocate Santa to a safer area of the centre.