Designing and Planting a Wildlife Garden
Sat 24 March
Learn the whys and wherefores of designing and planting a wildlife garden.
A fun day course that will both inspire and inform. Come and learn how to use the key elements of colour, shape and texture to create planting that is both a beautiful addition to your garden and a natural larder and habitat for it's native wildlife. We will also cover how draw up professional planting plans so that you can efficiently capture and communicate your design ideas.
Times: 10am - 4pm
Price: £95 per person
Location: WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre
For more information please download an outline of the day.
We love questions and while we can't design your borders for you we will equip you with all of the tools and ideas necessary to go away and create the perfect planting for you and your garden with less maintenance that works with nature to benefit local wildlife.
Included in the price is admission to the centre, a soup and sandwich lunch and handout notes to take away.
Your tutor for the day is Caroline Tatham, a multi award winning professional garden designer and Principal of the Cotswold Gardening School. Caroline will demonstrate how to gather your thoughts using mood boards and offer ideas about where to buy great value plants. She can also offer practical advice from her many years of experience of maintaining her own nine acre organic garden.
- When booking a place on an event, your ticket entitles you to entry to that event only. You may also need to purchase admission to WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre as well - please check event details to confirm. For admission to WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre, book online in advance to save 10%.
- Payment must be made at the time of booking.
- All tickets are non-refundable and can only be redeemed on the date specified in your booking.
- If, for any reason, you are unable to attend an event on the date you have booked, at least 21 days’ notice must be given in order for us to transfer you to an equivalent event.
- If the event you are transferring to differs in price, the difference will either need to be paid by you at the time of transfer or refunded to you.
- Late cancellations (less than 21 days in advance of the event) would require the vacant space to be filled by another paying customer before we are able to transfer you to a different date. In the event that a replacement attendee cannot be found, monies would be lost.
- Please arrive around 10 minutes before the start of your event (unless otherwise stated on the event page). In some instances late arrival may result in the loss of a place. If you’re able to contact us to let us know that you will be late, please do so, so that we can do our best to accommodate you.
- WWT Slimbridge reserves the right to cancel an event due to unforeseen circumstances, including low numbers or inclement weather etc. In these instances we would contact you at the earliest opportunity and you would be offered the choice of a space on an equivalent event (where available) or a full refund.
- We recommend supplying us with more than one contact detail, specifically a mobile number, so that we are able to contact you if necessary.
- For outdoor activities please be sure to wear appropriate clothing and footwear. Sturdy boots, coats for inclement weather, water and sun cream for hotter days are recommended.