GIANT Bionic Bug Trail
Sat 6 October - Sun 4 November
Look out for GIANT Bugamatronic Bionic Bugs around the site and collect your sticker at the end.
Everything you need for a buzzing day out!
Search for giant animatronic bugs and find out fascinating facts about the minibeasts that inhabit our wetland world. Meet a 6ft long dragonfly, a 4ft buzzing bee, and a 6ft long hopping grasshopper amongst others on our new trail, brought to life with state of the art animatronics and sound effects. Giant Bionic Bugs runs daily 9.30-5pm.
October half term bug activities
From Sat 20 Oct - Sun 4 Nov there will be a range of additional exciting bug themed activities running daily, including minibeast hunts, pond dipping and the chance to make your own mini bug house. Remember to pick up your activity book on arrival for details on all the activities happening this half term.
- Minibeast hunts: Head to the North American zone for some minibeast hunt fun. Which creepy crawlies will you find? Running 11am-12:30pm.
- Bug storytelling: Choose a book from the book box, take a seat in the storytelling chair and read a story. The storytelling area can be found in the North American zone.
- Pond dipping: Come and explore the fascinating creatures that can be found in our purpose built ponds, and find out more about this wetlands habitat and how to encourage wildlife to your own pond or garden. Running 2-3pm in the Pond Zone.
- Make your own mini bug house: Create your own bug hotel for creepy crawlies. Running 1:30-4pm in Toad Hall. £2 charge per bug house.
- Bug themed arts and crafts also available in the visitor centre throughout the day.
- Take a picture of a real-life bug: Whilst you are out exploring Slimbridge, keep your eyes peeled for snails, beetles, bees and much more - take as many photos as you can of a real-life bug and upload to your social channels with #BionicBugs.
Book your tickets online and save 10% off the standard admission rate