Artist in Residence - Beth Jenkins
Mon 12 November - Sun 18 November
As part of the Slimbridge 2020 Project, we have been able to offer two artists the opportunity to spend a week’s residence at Slimbridge Wetland Centre this year.
In November our artist in residence will be Beth Jenkins, a local artist specialising in printmaking; mainly relief prints in lino and wood. Whilst Beth is at the Centre, you will be able to follow the creation of a unique print inspired by Slimbridge’s winter migrants.
You could also have a go at printmaking by creating a take-home postcard using hand-carved stamps of wildfowl in flight. In addition, Beth will be running a bookable workshop on ‘Wings, Skies and Water’, where you will be able to design and carve your own stamps to create a unique print to take home.
Drop in session: ‘Wings, Skies and Water Activity’
Date: Running daily (12-18 November) in Toad Hall
Have a go at lino printing using hand carved stamps to create your own mini one-off print, inspired by Slimbridge’s magnificent migratory birds.
Bookable Workshop: ‘Wings, Skies and Water Workshop’
Date: Wednesday 14th of November (10am-1pm)
Cost: £30 for half day
Using the medium of lino printing and monoprint, learn how to make and print dramatic skies and water as a backdrop to lino prints of wildfowl.
Over the course of the session you will design and carve (using easy cut lino) bird images of your choice to produce highly individual prints.
This workshop is suitable for all levels. Absolute beginners will be encouraged and helped to keep their images simple and achievable, whilst those with some prior experience will be able to expand their knowledge.
Tea/coffee and biscuits will be provided along with any necessary art supplies.
Terms and Conditions – Events
- Payment must be made at the time of booking.
- All tickets are non-refundable and can only be redeemed on the date specified in your booking.If, for any reason, you are unable to attend an event on the date you have booked, at least 21 days’ notice must be given in order for us to transfer you to an equivalent event.
- If the event you are transferring to differs in price, the difference will either need to be paid by you at the time of transfer or refunded to you.
- Late cancellations (less than 21 days in advance of the event) would require the vacant space to be filled by another paying customer before we are able to transfer you to a different date. In the event that a replacement attendee cannot be found, monies would be lost.
- Please arrive around 10 minutes before the start of your event (unless otherwise stated on the event page). In some instances late arrival may result in the loss of a place. If you’re able to contact us to let us know that you will be late, please do so, so that we can do our best to accommodate you.
- WWT Slimbridge reserves the right to cancel an event due to unforeseen circumstances, including low numbers or inclement weather etc. In these instances we would contact you at the earliest opportunity and you would be offered the choice of a space on an equivalent event (where available) or a full refund. We recommend supplying us with more than one contact detail, specifically a mobile number, so that we are able to contact you if necessary.
- For outdoor activities please be sure to wear appropriate clothing and footwear. Sturdy boots, coats for inclement weather, water and sun cream for hotter days are recommended.