Home Educators Migration Session
Mon 19 November
How can we help migratory birds?
Become a researcher for the morning and explore the problems migratory birds face on their journeys,from weather and poaching to loss of habitat.We’ll then learn how WWT are helping, including how we protect birds by creating amazing habitats at our wetland reserves and what we do internationally along the migration routes. As a researcher you will find out what it is like to hold a swan using our life-sized model that you will weigh and measure. There will also be a chance to spot lots of different migratory birds from the Peng observatory!
Learn about how to identify individual Bewick’s swans from their unique bill patterns and colour in your own spotters sheet of the birds you see out on the Rushy.
There are two age group sessions 4 – 7 and 8 - 11 years, with study activities to suit all levels.
Time: (10.00 – 12.00)
Cost: The cost for entry and the morning session will be £6.20 per child and one adult free per family
Additional adults will be charged the general admission rate of £11.10 (sadly we are unable to accept membership cards as this is a special event).
If you wish to bring children under the age of 4 years there is a charge of £3.10 per child. They will be welcome to participate in the colouring activity only.
Places are limited so please book in advance online.
Terms and Conditions
- You must book online at least 24 hours in advance.
- You need to arrive at least 10 minutes before the session starts. If you’re able to contact us to let us know that you will be late, please do so, so that we can do our best to accommodate you.
- Places are non-refundable, so please ensure you can attend before booking your place.
- Centre opening times: 9.30am to 5.00pm.
- Only one free adult per family (not per child) - any additional adults will be charged on the day so please avoid delaying the start time by paying in advance.
- We are unable to accept membership cards as this is a special event
- All children attending must be bought a ticket - children under 4 are only eligible for the craft activity but will require a ticket whether they participate or not.
- WWT Slimbridge reserves the right to cancel an event due to unforeseen circumstances, including low numbers or inclement weather etc. In these instances we would contact you at the earliest opportunity and you would be offered the choice of a space on an equivalent event (where available) or a full refund.
- We recommend supplying us with more than one contact detail, specifically a mobile number, so that we are able to contact you if necessary.
- For outdoor activities please be sure to wear appropriate clothing and footwear. Sturdy boots, coats for inclement weather, water and sun cream for hotter days are recommended.
If you have any queries regarding your booking please call 01453 891117.