Get to grips with bird identification with the help of one of our experienced reserve wardens. Join them to complete the morning visits to the bird hides to see what birds are around and get help identifying a variety of species including waders, ducks and passerines. Summer is a lovely time to see juvenile ducks, geese and wading birds. Look out for the arrival first of our autumn migrants starting to arrive including green sandpiper and black-tailed godwit. Followed by breakfast in the Kingfisher Kitchen.
Date: Saturday 20 July
Time: 8am - 10:30am
Meeting point: Meeting in the car park.
Terms & Conditions
- When booking a place on an event, your ticket entitles you to entry to that event only. Admission to WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre is included in your event ticket, unless otherwise stated. For admission to WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre, book online in advance to save 10%.
- Payment must be made at the time of booking.
- All tickets are non-refundable and can only be redeemed on the date specified in your booking.
- If, for any reason, you are unable to attend an event on the date you have booked, at least 21 days’ notice must be given in order for us to transfer you to an equivalent event.
- If the event you are transferring to differs in price, the difference will either need to be paid by you at the time of transfer or refunded to you.
- Late cancellations (less than 21 days in advance of the event) would require the vacant space to be filled by another paying customer before we are able to transfer you to a different date. In the event that a replacement attendee cannot be found, monies would be lost.
- Please arrive around 10 minutes before the start of your event (unless otherwise stated on the event page). In some instances late arrival may result in the loss of a place. If you’re able to contact us to let us know that you will be late, please do so, so that we can do our best to accommodate you.
- WWT Slimbridge reserves the right to cancel an event due to unforeseen circumstances, including low numbers or inclement weather etc. In these instances we would contact you at the earliest opportunity and you would be offered the choice of a space on an equivalent event (where available) or a full refund.
- We recommend supplying us with more than one contact detail, specifically a mobile number, so that we are able to contact you if necessary.
- For outdoor activities please be sure to wear appropriate clothing and footwear. Sturdy boots, coats for inclement weather, water and sun cream for hotter days are recommended.