Our exclusive seasonal Evening with the Swans event at Slimbridge is the perfect way to spend an evening with family and friends.
Friday and Saturday evenings only
Experience the beauty and sounds of hundreds of wild swans on a floodlit lake before enjoying a delicious two course meal at the Kingfisher Kitchen.
This is a truly unique event perfect for wildlife lovers. Winter migration brings rare beauties to Slimbridge each year including the enchanting Bewick's swan from the tundra in Arctic Russia.
Our evening commences with a glass of mulled cider in our fully heated Peng Observatory watching the wild swans, geese and ducks as they are fed on a floodlit lake.
Our experienced wardens will provide full audio commentary describing the impressive journey each species makes to reach Slimbridge, its winter home.
Following the bird feeding spectacle guests head to our Kingfisher Kitchen to enjoy a sumptuous two course meal, tea, coffee and mints.
You will be asked to specify your choice of meal options in the booking process so please take a look at the menu before proceeding to book - download the Evening with the Swans Menu
For more information please read our Evening with the Swans FAQ.
Cost: £29.95 per person or £26.95 per person for group bookings of 12 or more.
Dates: Friday and Saturday evenings 29 Nov - 8 February
A perfect way to enjoy festive celebrations with family, friends, groups or clubs. Why not make this a unique Christmas party to remember?
On Friday 17 & Saturday 18 January there will be a special screening of Flight of the Swans film from 5-6pm included in your ticket
Evening with the Swans for groups and organisations
Our exclusive seasonal Evening with the Swans are perfect for groups and organisations who are looking for a fully staffed, all-inclusive evening with a twist.
Your evening commences with a glass of mulled cider in our fully heated Peng Observatory, with a private swan feed and full audio commentary from one of our experienced reserve wardens.
Following this unique wild bird spectacle you will head to our contemporary Kingfisher Kitchen for a delicious 2 course meal, followed by tea, coffee and mints.
For more information and to make a group booking please call us on 01453 891223.
Terms & Conditions
- Your ticket is for our Evening with the Swans only. If you plan to spend time at the centre in the day, you will need to purchase entry to Slimbridge Wetland Centre separately. Save 10% on admission by booking online in advance.
- Payment must be made at the time of booking.
- All tickets are non-refundable and can only be redeemed on the date specified in your booking.
- If, for any reason, you are unable to attend an event on the date you have booked, at least 21 days’ notice must be given in order for us to transfer you to an equivalent event.
- If the event you are transferring to differs in price, the difference will either need to be paid by you at the time of transfer or refunded to you.
- Late cancellations (less than 21 days in advance of the event) would require the vacant space to be filled by another paying customer before we are able to transfer you to a different date. In the event that a replacement attendee cannot be found, monies would be lost.
- Please arrive around 10 minutes before the start of your event (unless otherwise stated on the event page). In some instances late arrival may result in the loss of a place. If you’re able to contact us to let us know that you will be late, please do so, so that we can do our best to accommodate you.
- WWT Slimbridge reserves the right to cancel an event due to unforeseen circumstances, including low numbers or inclement weather etc. In these instances we would contact you at the earliest opportunity and you would be offered the choice of a space on an equivalent event (where available) or a full refund.
- We recommend supplying us with more than one contact detail, specifically a mobile number, so that we are able to contact you if necessary.
- For outdoor activities please be sure to wear appropriate clothing and footwear. Sturdy boots, coats for inclement weather, water and sun cream for hotter days are recommended.