Head off on your own global adventure now!
Journey across the world to discover wetland challenges. Head to Base Camp at the South Lake discovery hut to collect your Global Adventurer passport. Leap from land to land from North America, South America and the new Arctic Adventure exhibit to find out what life is like for a real-life adventurer on the Arctic Russian Tundra.
Arctic Adventure activities include:
- What do birds eat? Take part in poo analysis with our tundra researcher (set times only)
- Measure, weigh and record our life-size swan (replica!)
- Make a meal of it - create your own menu from the limited tundra supplies and log it in your passport
- Dress up as a researcher and share your photos online
- Work out which word is written in the Global Adventurers passport using the Russian Cyrillic alphabet
Activities across the site:
- Greater flamingos - learn about these tropical birds at a daily family friendly talk
- Design your own folklore totem pole in North America
- Wetland canoe safari (additional charge)
- Wild safari - discover the wetlands on our 4x4 wild safaris (additional charge)
- Tropical amphibians - learn and handle different species at our daily amphibian talks
- Pond dipping - discover the wetlands in your own backyard
Start your expedition this summer! Get set before you visit and download the Global Adventurers trail map now, to discover all the wetland challenges waiting for you and your family at our centre.
Did you know you can save 10% on admission by buying online in advance?