The warm and comfortable farmhouse at Eastpark is situated at the very heart of the famous WWT Caerlaverock nature reserve and commands superb views from its own observation tower across this and the adjacent National Nature Reserve.
Wild whooper swans roost just below the bedroom windows in the winter and a mile of screened approaches link the house to hides, observatories and towers from which the Solway's 30,000 barnacle geese and a wide variety of other wildlife can be secretly observed. The nearest village, Glencaple, is five miles from the centre and has both a shop and a hotel. The historic regional capital of Dumfries, nine miles away, has a wide range of shops, restaurants and pubs.
- 2 twin bedrooms with en suite bathrooms (Whooper Swan Room & Barnacle Goose Room)
- Family room with en-suite bathroom (double, single and 2 bunk beds,Wigeon Room)
- Double bedroom with wash basin and shared bathoom (Osprey Room)
- Family room with washbasin and shared bathroom (double and single beds, Natterjack Room)
- Private observatory with Badger feeding station and views over the Folly Pond
- Sheltered garden
- Lounge with colour TV and Freeview
- Fully equipped kitchen with range cooker, microwave, American style fridge/freezer, Gaggia coffee maker
- Laundry with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Free Wi-Fi
2016 Rooms & prices
All prices are per room per night
- Barnacle Goose - twin with en-suite shower bathroom - £66 members / £80 non-members
Wigeon - family room wih en suite bathroom (double, single & two bunk beds & cot available) -
£70 members / £84 non-members
- Whooper Swan - twin with en-suite shower bathroom - £66 members / £80 non-members
- Natterjack Toad - double & single with washbasin - £50 per night for embers / £64 non-members
- Osprey - double with washbasin - £46 members / £60 non-members
- Whole house - available for exclusive, minimum of two night stay - £270 members / £350 non-members
- Discount available for a stay of 3 nights or more
- Cot available
- Schools & colleges - half price
- All proceeds support WWT's conservation work at Caerlaverock.
To make a booking
The farmhouse is let on a whole house or room basis throughout the year, 3 night midweek and weekend breaks attract a 10% discount.
For availability and further information please contact Gill Wyllie on 01387 770200 or email email@example.com
Bookings should be confirmed with a non-returnable 25% deposit over the phone with a debit or credit card, or by cheque made payable to "WWT Caerlaverock" and sent to:
WWT Caerlaverock Wetland Centre, Eastpark Farm, Caerlaverock, Dumfries, DG1 4RS
Terms and conditions
- Rooms are available by 4pm at the latest and should be vacated by 10am on the day of departure.
- Bed linen and towels are provided.
- Smoking is not allowed in the farmhouse.
- Pets are not permitted in the house or on the reserve.
- Free parking is available in the main car park, or near the house for disabled badge holders.
Transport from the railway station or the bus stand in Dumfries, via a supermarket if required, is available, staff availability permitting, at a cost of £10 each way.