Visitor information and associated terms and conditions of entry
We hope you have a great day with us. Our Wetland Centres are designed to give you an unforgettable experience getting close to nature. Your safety is paramount, as is the safety of the wildlife that visits or lives at our Wetland Centres. To ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable day, we have terms and conditions of entry that everyone needs to observe.
- Visitors are asked to respect the habitats and wildlife of the Centre by keeping to the paths and defined tracks at all times and not causing undue noise which may cause stress to birds and animals.
- No child or children under the age of 16 will be admitted to the site unless they are accompanied by an adult. Please ensure that children are supervised at all times and please be aware that there is deep water on site.
- At all times please ensure that you obey the safety regulations and signage displayed and do not attempt to go beyond any enclosure barriers. Please do not:
i. Climb on any trees or shrubs
ii. Prune or pick any flowers or vegetation
iii. Enter any body of water
- Entry prices are in accordance with those displayed at the point of entry and will be charged per person. Please ensure you retain your receipt as proof of admission.
- The last admission to the Centre is 60 minutes prior to the advertised closing time.
- Due to the limited availability of car parking spaces, vehicles may only be left for the duration of the visit to the centre.
- Mobility scooters are very welcome on site.
- The following items are not permitted on site:
i. Scooters, bicycles, tricycles, roller skates/blades/wheelies or skateboards
ii. Pond dipping or fishing nets – equipment will be provided for supervised sessions
iv. Footballs and frisbees
- Contrary to popular belief, birds should not be fed bread as they cannot digest it. Please feed them grain instead - you will be able to purchase grain at centres where feeding is permitted.
- Pond dipping is not allowed on our wildlife reserve ponds. This is to prevent the spread of invasive non-native plants and the chytridiomycosis disease which affects amphibians. Pond dipping in the grounds may only be undertaken with equipment provided by WWT.
- In accordance with UK law smoking is prohibited in all buildings (including hides). Visitors who wish to smoke are asked to consider the welfare and comfort of other visitors, especially children, by not smoking in or around picnic areas, play areas or areas where children’s activities are being held. In periods of extreme dry weather WWT reserves the right to designate the whole site non-smoking in order to reduce the risk of fire.
- WWT cannot accept any liability for loss or damage caused to any vehicle or its contents whilst parked on site.
- Photography is permitted on site providing it is for personal use only. All commercial/stock library photography, filming, recording, etc. must be agreed in advance with the centre. Please contact the Marketing Department on 020 8409 4400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any commercial filming or photographic enquiries.
- WWT reserves the right to ask for additional identification to aid proof of membership.
- No dogs, except assistance dogs on duty, or other pets of any kind shall be allowed on site. Assistance dogs must be kept on the lead and under control at all times - harnesses must clearly state “working or assistance dog”. Please ensure any dog waste is removed. If any of our birds/animals behaviour is affected by the presence of your dog, we may have to ask you to move away from the area; this is just to make sure everyone – visitors, dogs, birds/animals alike – is safe and happy.
Other important information
WWT’s decision on all matters relating to admission to the Centre and/or to these conditions shall be final and no further correspondence will be entered in to.
- Re-admission to the site on the same day is permissible upon production of entry receipt – please notify the admissions team in the first instance when you leave the centre.
- WWT reserves the right to amend and/or alter the conditions of issue associated with entrance to the centre without any prior notification.
- It must be understood that for operational, technical, weather related or other reasons beyond our control, any exhibit/attraction/hide may have to be closed, removed, altered in type or otherwise be unavailable at any time, without prior notice.
- On certain days the centre (or parts of it) may need to close early for an evening event. Information to this effect will be displayed at the entrance. Once you have paid to enter the Centre on any such day, no refund will be considered.
- WWT reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry into or remove from the premises, any person that:
i. Has behaved in a manner which, WWT feels has, or is likely to, adversely affect the collection of birds and animals or the safety or enjoyment of other visitors and/or employees.
ii. Is, or appears to be, under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
iii. Has used threatening, abusive or insulting words to a member of staff or another visitor.
iv. Behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace.
v. Attempts to bring an offensive weapon or dangerous article on to site - visitors are admitted subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched by WWT staff.