Visitor information and associated terms and conditions of entry
We hope you have a great day with us. Our Wetland Centres are designed to give you an unforgettable experience getting close to nature. Your safety is paramount, as is the safety of the wildlife that visits or lives at our Wetland Centres. To ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable day, we have terms and conditions of entry that everyone needs to observe.
- The last admission to the Centre is 1 hour prior to the advertised closing time.
- Due to the limited availability of car parking spaces, vehicles may only be left for the duration of your visit to the centre. WWT accepts no responsibility for loss, theft or damage to vehicles.
- Unfortunately we can't allow dogs or pets of any kind on site, with the exception of Assistance dogs (trained by member organisations of ADUK) on duty, as our wildlife may become distressed. Assistance dogs must be kept on their lead, under control and their harnesses must state "working or assistance dog". Please ensure any dog waste is removed. If any of our birds/animals behaviour is affected by the presence of your dog, we respectfully ask that you understand that we may have to ask you to move away from the area. Please do not leave your dog in your car whilst visiting.
- So we don't distress or harm our wildlife, we do not allow the following to be brought on to site:
- Scooters, bicycles, tricycles, roller skates/blades/wheelies or skateboards
- ‘Throwing toys’ such as ball games, Frisbees, nerf guns etc.
- Wheeled toys e.g. dolls prams
- Pond dipping equipment
- Please keep your belongings with you at all times.
- The use of any kind of drone is prohibited on all WWT managed-property
- Photography is permitted on site for personal use only. All commercial/stock library photography, filming, recording, etc. must be agreed in advance with the centre. Please contact the Centre for any commercial filming or photographic enquiries. Please do not photograph other visitors without permission, even for personal use.
- Anyone who
- vandalises or steals WWT property
- harms any birds or wildlife
- displays behaviour or language towards visitors, staff or volunteers that is:
- putting people’s safety or health at risk
- is displaying unacceptable behaviour. If necessary we may ask you to leave the property and in some severe cases we may contact the police.
- WWT reserves the right to ask for additional identification to aid proof of membership. Membership cards may not be given to another person/ group, it is your membership only.
- This list is not exhaustive. If WWT deems any actions to be inappropriate or likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of anyone else, we may:
- insist you to follow this code of conduct
- request you to leave the premises
- contact the police if you do not leave following our request to do so
- Re-admission to the site on the same day is permissible upon production of entry receipt
- It must be understood that for operational, technical, weather related or other reasons beyond our control (including change in Government advice), any exhibit/attraction/hide may have to be closed, removed, altered in type or otherwise be unavailable at any time, without prior notice.
- WWT reserves the right to amend and/or alter the conditions of issue associated with entrance to the centre without any prior notification.
- WWT's decision on all matters relating to admission to the Centre and/or these conditions shall be final and no further correspondence will be entered in to.
If you have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, please contact us or speak to a member of the site team.
We hope that you have a wonderful visit however if you see anything you are concerned about or require assistance (emergency or otherwise, including concerns about the health of an animal on site), please don’t hesitate to speak to a member of the team.