All our Wetland Centres exist to fulfil founder Peter Scott’s vision of connecting people with nature, so we make it a principle that our wetlands and wildlife are accessible to everyone.
WWT London Wetland Centre has the following facilities:
- Free accessible car parking provision – 12 Blue Badge spaces
- Trained assistance dogs welcome
- Maps can be enlarged, please ask ahead of your visit
- Manual wheelchairs available to loan
- 1 mobility scooter available for hire (suggested £5.00 donation). Please call ahead to book.
- There is level access around the site
- There are a number of gates with stiff / heavy opening mechanisms. Our roaming volunteers or staff can assist, please ask
- Level access hides
- Headley Hide has wide turning circle. The door is 78cm wide
- Heated Observatory with views across the reserve
- Peacock Tower – three storey with lift
- Accessible toilets in car park and visitor centre
- Cafe staff are friendly and helpful and will carry trays to the table if required
If you have any specific questions about our accessibility then please feel free to call us on 020 8409 4400 and we can discuss it with you and help you plan your day.
We look forward to welcoming you to WWT London Wetland Centre
Video credit: Gilbey Films - independent disability filmmakers and consultants.