From birdwatchers to families there is plenty to discover all year round. With experiences to suit all ages offering access to a huge variety of wildlife, it is no surprise we are an award-winning day out!
Tips for making the most of your day
- Check the daily walks and talks schedule before you go to make sure you don't miss anything
- When you arrive, check the chalkboard in the courtyard for up to date information about what to see and do today.
- Check the board outside the Observatory for the most recent bird sightings
- If you're a keen birder you can check the sightings in the Wildlife section of our website
- Pick up a centre map and day planner on arrival - for free! Or download a map now.
- Birds have ears too! You'll see much more around the site and in hides if you are quiet and approach slowly.
The Big View – start your visit by experiencing the breathtaking wetland vista from the Observatory (accessible from the courtyard).
Wetlands of the World – see beautiful water birds and learn more about WWT’s conservation work.
Wildside – lose yourself in this wild area of meandering paths and rustling reedbeds - a haven of peace and quiet.
RBC Rain Garden – a beautiful wildflower meadow and creature habitats offer inspiration for your garden back home.
Our otter family – watch their antics as they swim, feed and play.
Sand martin bank – peer into the secret life of breeding sand martins. (The nest bank is closed now until mid June to give them a chance to settle and raise their first brood.)
Explore Adventure area, Discovery Centre and Pond Zone – exciting interactive areas for families to enjoy together.
Peacock Tower – visit our three storey hide for panoramic views across the reserve.
Kingfisher Kitchen - pick up a drink and snack from our cafe before you head out onto the reserve, or enjoy a meal at lunchtime. We're open for breakfast too!