All our Wetland Centres exist to fulfil founder Peter Scott’s vision of connecting people with nature, so we make it a principle that our wetlands and wildlife are accessible to everyone.
WWT Welney Wetland Centre has the following facilities:
- Free accessible car parking provision – 3 designated spaces
- Hearing Induction Loop in reception
- Trained assistance dogs welcome
- Maps can be enlarged, please ask ahead of your visit
- 2 manual wheelchairs available to loan
- 2 mobility scooters to loan – please book in advance
- The site is mainly flat access. With exception of the Summer Walk
- There is one all access gate. Please ask volunteers or at reception if you require assistance
- All Hides have step-free access
- Observatory is heated with large windows and induction hearing loop for commentaries
- 2 accessible toilets in the visitor centre
- Restaurant staff are friendly and helpful and will carry trays to the table if required
- There is a hearing induction loop in the restaurant
- Wild swan feed in heated observatory (seasonal)
- Accessible picnic areas
- Pond-dipping platform for wheelchair users
In addition we have friendly and helpful staff, so if you need restaurant staff to carry a tray to your table or help open a gate – please just ask!
Please click here to download our accessibility policy.
If you have any specific questions about our accessibility then please feel free to call us on 01353 860711 and we can discuss it with you and help you plan your day.
We look forward to welcoming you to WWT Welney Wetland Centre.
Video credit: Gilbey Films - independent disability filmmakers and consultants.