Past the wishing tree, over the gnarly wall, and into a woodland world where mossy glades, mucky marshes, tree house adventures and a swamp of dazzling green awaits – look out for the crocodile!
Explore a hidden gem of wetland habitat at WWT Castle Espie’s Secret Swamp.
The Secret Swamp is a circular trail through the woodland and wetland beyond the wild wood play area. Offering a natural, active play experience it is also a tranquil setting to stop a while and enjoy the sights and sounds of this secluded habitat. Two routes provide easy access for all as well as a rambler’s route.
- Start your adventure at the wishing tree
- Discover the secret trees with magical, mini doors
- Make merry music on the pixiephone
- Swing through the trees
- Whoosh across the zip-wire
- Tiptoe through the toadstool glade
- Stomp along the wobbly bridge
- Adventure across the beams
- Discover the log den hide out
- Relax in the curious stumpery where the trees are upside down and downside up
The Secret Swamp is included as part of your admission price.