- Every weekend and each day of the holidays there is our craft room with a selection of craft activities (some require a small charge). 1pm - 4pm in Wigeon room
- Pick up your discovery trail booklet from the information desk. Explore the grounds as you find the trail boards, answer the questions and collect a certificate at the end of your day.
Listen for the calls of some of the oddest birds in our ‘WOW’ exhibit – is it Weird or Wonderful?: included in admission
- Pick up a bag of grain and feed the Hawaiian Nene, the rarest goose in the world that WWT helped to reintroduce back into the wild, whilst exploring our waterfowl collection.
- Watch the otters feed at 11.30am and 2.30pm
The new Wild Walk experience takes visitors on a journey through three types of wetland habitat, providing a taste of the ‘wild’ reserves, which are traditionally only accessed via viewpoints in hides.
Families are encouraged to bring wellies to explore and find fun activities:
- meander through a maze of wetland tracks
- sqelch through the muddy meadow to the middle maze lodge
- bounce across the wobbly web bridge to the wet woods
- balance along a reedy ramble, discovering the wildlife and giant sculptures.
The attraction is included as part of your admission price.
Den building is a fantastic, adventurous activity where families and individuals work together to create dens out of conifer and branches. It is a self led activity that you can simply have a go at, located among the trees by the canoe safari.To create a really natural feel to your den you can use all of the trees and shrubs and be as creative as possible. Den building is a free activity at the centre.
Toddler Thursday Gosling Gang (term time only)
Entertain the little ones by coming along to our story time every Thursday during term time at 10.30am and 1pm in the fun family room.
The Rushes is designed to reflect Martin Mere’s focus on the environment and natural play. It seeks to provide opportunities for all ages and abilities in a social, safe and clean context. Features include:
- Mini marshlands – Toddler play space
- The wetlands – water play space with dams, bridges and channels to explore
- Fly like a bird across a cableway
- Climb the giant treehouse and slide down the tunnel
- The reed bed – giant timber sculptures with nets and ropes for climbing, jumping, sliding and clambering on
- The sand flats – sand play area with playful grassy mounds and smooth boulders