Who we are and how to contact us
Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT)
Slimbridge, Gloucestershire GL2 7BT
T: 01453 891900
WWT Limited is a charity (1030884 England and Wales, SCO39410 Scotland) and a company limited by guarantee (2882729 England). VAT number 618368028
Personal information we collect and how we use it
The personal information you provide WWT will be used for the purposes outlined at the time of collection in accordance with the preferences you express.
Personal data collected and processed by WWT may be used for the following purposes:
- Administration of membership(s)
- Administration of adoptions, donations and legacies
- In-house research and statistical analysis
- Communication about our conservation, membership, fundraising activities
- Fulfilment of orders for goods and services requeste
Sharing of personal information
Personal data collected and processed by WWT will be shared with relevant employees and volunteers and under strictly controlled situations agencies working on behalf of WWT.
When we allow access to your information, we will always have complete control of what they see, what they are allowed to do with it and how long they can see it. We do not sell or share your personal information for other organisations to use. You are always in control of how we communicate with you and you can update your preferences by contacting us through details provided in the contact section above.
At WWT we respect your privacy and WILL NOT disclose any information supplied by you to any third party organisations.
We would like to keep you up-to-date with our latest news, events at your local centre, and information about our conservation work.
However, please TICK this box if you DO NOT wish to receive this information
You will be indicating your consent to receiving marketing messages from us UNLESS you have indicated an objection to receiving such messages by ticking the box.
If at any point you would like to opt out of receiving communications, including marketing, from us or would like to change the channel of communication for example email or post that we use to contact you, please contact Supporter Services, WWT, Slimbridge, Glos, GL2 7BT or email: email@example.com or telephone: 01453 891198.
Protecting children’s privacy
The safety of children is very important to us. No information should be submitted or posted to WWT by children under the age of 13 without prior parental/guardian consent. All applicable laws are followed with respect to data collection from children. Where we have date of birth information, we will not share data collected from children with any third parties.
If you are aged under 18, please ensure you obtain your parent/guardian's consent before sending any personal information to this website.
All about cookies and tracking
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer by websites that you visit. It is standard practice for all websites. They help website owners, like us, deliver a better experience to website users, such as you.
The cookies used by WWT websites don't contain any of your personal information (name, address, email address, payment details) and we can't use them to find out who you are. A few examples of where we use them include: setting a centre as your favourite, make our shopping basket function and allowing you to share content with friends on social media networks.
Here's a list of the cookies we use, and what we use them for:
- geolocation cookie - this helps us identify your closest centre based on your current location. If using a desktop this cookies expires after a week but if using a mobile device this cookie expires after ten minutes.
- localcentre cookie - allows users to set a centre as their favourite. The only data recorded is the identifier for the centre for use when the user re-vists the site. Expires after one yea
- PHPSESSID cookie - this cookie has a number functional purposes, which include making the shopping basket work and allowing donation amounts to be selected.
- utma, utmb, utmx, utmz cookies - these cookies enable the function of Google Analytics, software that we use to help analyse anonymous visitor information such as pages visited, time spent on site, browser usage etc. The data can only be viewed by relevant staff at WWT.
- atuvc cookie - this cookie gives intergration with social media accounts, using AddThis (www.addthis.com), for those users that choose to share content on their social media networks
Managing your cookies
Please note that you can manage, control or delete cookies in your browser. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone's handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Further details can found here www.aboutcookies.org.
Keeping your personal information secure
We retain personal information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. This involves only retaining the personal information we need for business, regulatory or legal reasons. Once personal information is no longer needed, it is securely destroyed.
Requesting access to your personal information
You have the right, under the DPA, to either request a copy of your personal information we hold, to have it corrected, deleted, or to ask us to stop using it.
- To request a copy of the personal information we hold about you – please send your request in writing to: Supporter Services, WWT, Slimbridge, Glos, GL2 7BT. There is a fee of £10 for this service: please make your cheque payable to WWT, and include it with your letter.
- To ask us to change, delete or stop using the personal information we hold about you – please put your request in writing to Supporter Services, WWT, Slimbridge, Glos, GL2 7BT.