All our Wetland Centres exist to fulfil founder Peter Scott’s vision of connecting people with nature, so we make it a principle that our wetlands and wildlife are accessible to everyone.
WWT Martin Mere Wetland Centre has the following facilities:
- Free accessible car parking provision – 10 designated spaces
- Trained assistance dogs welcome
- Hearing induction loop in reception
- Maps can be enlarged, please ask ahead of your visit
- Manual wheelchair available to loan
- The paths around the site are level access
- Roaming volunteers, grounds and reception staff on hand if you require assistance
- There is step-free entry to all our hides (please note there is some steep gradient ramps leading to two hides)
- Specific DDA compliant areas include the new pond zone, Discovery hide and white stork lodge
- Accessible toilets
- Restaurant staff are friendly and helpful and will carry trays to the table if required
- Accessible boat safari – maximum 2 manual wheelchair-users per trip
- Waterplay – accessible (boardwalks / gravel) for children using wheelchairs
- Eco Garden – a great sensory experience
In addition we have friendly and helpful staff, so if you need restaurant staff to carry a tray to your table or help open a gate – please just ask!
If you have any specific questions about our accessibility then please feel free to call us on 01704 895181and we can discuss it with you and help you plan your day.
We look forward to welcoming you to WWT Martin Mere Wetland Centre
Video credit: Gilbey Films - independent disability filmmakers and consultants.