From Wednesday 2 December, our region is in Tier 3 of the government restrictions. While that means we can open some more areas of our site, there are still some key points to highlight. All of the information you'll need to know for your visit is below, so you can still plan and have a fantastic day out in nature!
- All visitors must pre-book their visit - this includes all members, essential helpers and children under 4.
- We open at 10am & close at 4.30pm - last admission is at 3.30pm.
- All hides are closed.
- The cafe is closed, however there is a selection of hot and cold refreshments available to takeaway from our admissions area (10am - 3pm).
- The gift shop is open.
- The play area is open.
- Electric scooters are available to hire. Pre-booking is essential by calling 0191 4165454 with a least 48 hours notice.
- Visitor centre toilets are closed to visitors (there are accessible toilets with baby change facilities within the grounds at Close Encounters, the reedbed shelter, our composting toilet near the otter exhibit and opposite the play area).
- A small number of our birds are currently in their off show quarters to protect them from winter bird illnesses. This includes our Chilean flamingos.
- Due to further UK bird flu cases, we have decided that hand-feeding will not take place for now. We will be keeping this under review.
- Social distancing measures, hand sanitiser stations and hand washing facilities are clearly signed.
- Our otter and flamingo talks are currently not available.
- The below map shows all key areas that are closed so you can plan your walk in nature.
- While hides are closed, there is still lots of wildlife to see out there. Please read our 'wildlife spotting hints and tips' blog to really make the most of your time here!
We'd like to keep everyone as safe as we can during a visit and we ask all visitors to adhere to these restrictions. We thank you all for your support during these uncertain times and look forward to welcoming you soon!