For families who enjoy a day of hands-on discovery then you’ll find hours of fun at Martin Mere.
At the building
- Every weekend and each day of the holidays there is our craft room with a selection of craft activities (some require a small charge). 1pm - 4pm in Wigeon room
- Pick up a bag of grain and feed the Hawaiian Nene, the rarest goose in the world that WWT helped to reintroduce back into the wild, whilst exploring our waterfowl collection.
- Toddler Thursday (Term time only): Entertain the little ones by coming along to our story time every Thursday during term time at 10.30am and 1pm in the fun family room.
At the canoe safari
- Den building is a fantastic, adventurous activity where families and individuals work together to create dens out of conifer and branches. Included in admission
- Let the youngsters swing and climb on our play area, whilst you enjoy a picnic on the benches or a drink from our kiosk (open weekends and holidays)
Whilst you walk around:
- Listen for the calls of some of the oddest birds in our ‘WOW’ exhibit – is it Weird or Wonderful?: included in admission
- Watch the otters feed at 11.30am and 2.30pm and find out why flamingos are pink at our 3pm flamingo talk: included in admission
- Meander through a maze of wetland tracks, sqelch through the muddy meadow to the middle maze lodge, bounce across the wobbly web bridge to the wet woods and balance along a reedy ramble - you will find it all in our Wild Walk (including the world's largest bug hotel!): included in admission Click here for wild walk videos and pictures.
Rushes play area:
Toddler Mini marshlands; water play space with dams, bridges and channels to explore; Fly like a bird across a cableway; Climb the giant treehouse and slide down the tunnel; Giant timber sculptures with nets and ropes for climbing, jumping, sliding and clambering on; and sand play area with playful grassy mounds and smooth boulders