All our Wetland Centres exist to fulfil founder Peter Scott’s vision of connecting people with nature, so we make it a principle that our wetlands and wildlife are accessible to everyone.
WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre has the following facilities
- Free accessible car parking provision – 17 designated spaces
- Trained assistance dogs wearing the appropriate branded jacket and lead/harness, and where possible with the accompanying ID card are welcome. Unfortunately dogs in training are not permitted on site, and we would appreciate if visitors are able to call ahead, to let us know they will be visiting with an assistance dog on 01453 891200.
- Hearing induction loop in reception
- Maps can be enlarged
- Plenty of manual wheelchairs available to loan, please book in advance
- We have a fleet of mobility scooters for hire at £6 per day, to include an introductory briefing. A £25 deposit per scooter is also required, refundable on the safe return of the hired scooter. Please book in advance by calling 01453 891900, Monday to Friday. Our grounds are fully accessible on scooters, although we do not advise using them to access Hides.
- The paths around the site are level access
- There are some gates. Please ask at kiosks or reception if you require assistance
- There is step-free entry to most of our hides
- Sloane Severn View Observation Tower & Peng Observatory accessible for mobility impaired & wheelchair users
- 6 accessible toilets across the site
- Restaurant staff are friendly and helpful and will carry trays to the table if required
- Wheelchair-accessible Land Rover safari
In addition we have friendly and helpful staff, so if you need restaurant staff to carry a tray to your table or help open a gate – please just ask!
If you have any specific questions about our accessibility then please feel free to call us on 01453 891900 and we can discuss it with you and help you plan your day.
We look forward to welcoming you to WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre.
To read our full access statement please click here.
Video credit: Gilbey Films - independent disability filmmakers and consultants.